Friday, November 12, 2010

DELICIOUS & EASY Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Oh man I wish I had this recipe when I was pregnant! It's sooooo good and soooo pregnantly nutritious with all the folate and protein, etc. but a little high on the cholesterol. But look on the bright side, out of the 11 grams of fat, only 3 is saturated!!!!

Ive tried other recipes and so far this one is the best...I even got a thumbs up from my mother in law, and she doesn't like "Canadian" food (she's from Mauritius). I got it from the Canadian Living Magazine. The only difference is that I usually omit the buttermilk because its not exactly a staple ingredient in my home that we always have on hand...but still turns out soooo yummy. Let me know how it turns out for you!

Ingredients

Preparation:

In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

In separate bowl, beat eggs; blend in buttermilk, bananas, oil and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling three-quarters full. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until tops are firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; transfer to rack and let cool.

Nutritional Info
Per muffin: about -
cal 305
pro 5 g
total fat 11 g
sat. fat 3 g
carb 50 g
fibre 2 g
chol 32 mg
sodium 264 mg
% RDI: -
calcium 6%
iron 14%
vit A 2%
vit C 2%
folate 16%

No comments:

Post a Comment